Request for S. cerev strain for transformation

Steven Joseph Szarka sjszarka at acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 19 16:10:49 EST 1994

My name is Steven Szarka and I am doing a PhD degree at the
University of Calgary. I work in the Botany department but
will be doing a side project to express plant genes in the
budding yeast S. cerevisiae.

I am looking for a standard S. cerevisiae strain which I could
transform with my expression vector. I have access to three different
expression vectors with selectable markers for URA3 or HIS3 or TRP1,
so a strain which is auxotrophic for any one of these would be useful.
I do not require any special mutant strain, other than any
 mutations which simplify growth and maintainence.

If anyone has such a strain, or could such a possible contact,
please E-mail me at sjszarka at acs.ucalgary.ca.

Thanks for your help