YAC transformations

Solange S de Camargo scamargo at FOX.CCE.USP.BR
Tue Oct 11 07:23:58 EST 1994

On 6 Oct 1994, WALMSLEY wrote:

> Dear YAC-interested netters
>
> We are having great difficulties in transforming YACs into yeast
> strains with any respectable level of efficiency.  At the moment we
> use the method of Burgers and Percival from Anal Biochem (1987),
> cited in "Biotechniques" (1990) in which melted slabs are added to
> sphaeroplasts.
>
> Do you think you have the best method in the world? we'd like to see
> it!
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Richard Walmsley
> tel 061 200 4174
> fax 061 236 0409

	Dear colleague,

	I've already worked with YACS for some time ago, but at the
moment I've been working with another subject. I remember that the
efficiency was low, but we got transform using the litium acetate method.
I think you must try it. There is a method with some modifications that
increases the efficiency related in the Nucleic Acids Research (Zeits et
al., 1992). Sorry, but I don't remember the volum number.

Good luck,

	Solange