Pichia vectors

Jeffrey Shane Temple jstemple at whale.st.usm.edu
Mon Oct 3 17:23:04 EST 1994

Stu Cain (s.a.cain at sheffield.ac.uk) wrote:
: In article <CwIDvH.BuE at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, vlm4b at darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU (Vicky L. Miller) says:
: >
: >Dear fellow Pichia protein expressers,
: >        This is not good news. It has taken me months to get my
: >Dna into one of the secretion vectors. Tonight I plated from
: >RDB plates onto the MM and MD plates. I'll let you know what
: >happens. What concentration of antibiotic do you use in your
: >media?
: >
: >Vicky Miller
: >Graduate Student whose life hangs in the balance

: Dear Vicky
: 	I have found there is no need to add any antibiotics
: to any of your plates or media  as long as they are prepared
: reasonably sterile.
: Good Luck with your selection.

: Stu Cain
: Another graduate student whose at the mercy of Pichia pastoris

Dear Stu and Vicky,

I haven't had a lot of problems getting my DNA into the pHIL-S1 expression
vector.  The problem is that the yeast will not express what I put in
there.  I have been at this for a good 6 months.  I have now decided to
use one of the other vectors--I am having problems there.  I think
Invitrogen isn't telling us everything there is to know because I know of
too many people who have been at this for a year and still have no results.

Jeff
A third graduate student whose at the mercy of Pichia Pastoris