FLAG expression in yeast

Jeff Ziehler ziehler at post.its.mcw.edu
Mon Nov 14 12:42:48 EST 1994

My lab is considering the purchase of the FLAG epitope expression system
for S.cerevisiae (Kodak/IBI).  We are familiar with the literature on the
E.coli version of FLAG, but would like to speak with someone who has used
the yeast version before we get it.  Basically we want to know whether the
vector system works as advertised (expression levels/ ease of use).  We
will primarily be expressing mutants of an essential yeast protein which we
want to purify away from the chromosomally encoded product.  While we
understand that every fusion will act somewhat differently, we would also
like to know how well the affinity purification works and whether the
leader was cleavable in your application.
Jeff Ziehler                         ziehler at post.its.mcw.edu
waiting for the clu- phenotype to be a target for gene therapy.