(none)

Kathy Shire shirek at FHS.CSU.MCMASTER.CA
Tue Nov 1 16:29:23 EST 1994

Hi!

My yeast cultures have been infiltrated by something strange.  I was
wondering if something happened to the yeast, or if a strange fungi has
contaminated my stocks.  My normal strains are ky320 and y190.  The weird
thing grows faster and develops 'waves' on top of the growth after a
long (4 day) growth period.  Microscopically, the weird stuff is the same
size, but more oblong in shape.  The cultures do not develop mycilium (?)
and they look identical to yeast when they begin to grow on agar plates.

Does anyone out there know what this is?

Thanks in advance.

Kath