reporters

Sheara L. Wall sw3s+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 25 14:59:33 EST 1994

I would like to screen or select for mutants that affect the regulation
of my gene by making two independent reporter fusions.  Can anyone tell
me the advantages and disadvantages associated with different reporters
when used in mutagenesis experiments in yeast?  I was thinking about
using LACZ and HIS3.  Does anyone have a better suggestion?

thank you