pH of the nucleus: Not acidic

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:45:21 EST 1994

>Does anybody know the pH of yeast nuclei?

Actually, I have NO real idea what the pH of the yeast nuclei is, but I
suspect that it is NOT acidic.  I have been using several flourecent
dyes which are weak bases and accumulate in acidic compartments (yeast
vacuoles) and I have never seen any signal coming from yeast nuclei.
Morrie
Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8