another help with fatty acids

truan at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr truan at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
Tue Mar 8 11:01:57 EST 1994

	Dear yeast netters
	Fatima told me how to get the old messages of the yeast bionet
group and I found them. Nevertheless I would like to know more about the
detergents used to solubilize the fatty acids. I have to control exactly
the concentration of fatty acids so Tween 80 or any equivalent have to be
discarded I think? I have a protocol which uses tergitol NP40 at 1% but
when I tried it the agar plates looked very bad. Is it possible to use
others detergents (like triton or anything elese) at low concentrations.
The other question is about liquid medium. Is it possible to add the fatty
acids without detergents?
	Thank you in advance for your help!!

	Gilles   ;->