Yeast Plasmid Preps

David Rose drose at husc4.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 8 10:25:00 EST 1994

Hi:
	Does anyone know of a good protocol for purifying plasmid DNA
from yeast?  I need plasmid DNA with as little contaminating genomic DNA
as possible.  A smash-and-grab type approach, where you can isolate a
clone of the plasmid from total yeast DNA is not appropriate for my
application.  I'll do CsCl if I have to but would like something easier,
like a Qiagen-based protocol.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

							Dave Rose