spore germination on YEP-galactose

tim stearns stearns at leland.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 7 21:01:33 EST 1994

In article <199403050125.AA14669 at medsci.mbp.missouri.edu>,
John Cannon <cannon at MEDSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU> wrote:

>the same on galactose as it is on glucose? This could indicate that
>hyper-expression is detrimental to viability. Second, it might make a

If it is the case that severe overexpression from the GAL promoter is
a problem, you might try adding 0.2% glucose to your 2% galactose
plates.  In our hands this allows the growth of a strain that requires
expression from a GAL construct, but is killed  by the normal high level
of expression.

Tim Stearns
stearns at leland.stanford.edu