Spore germination on YEPGal

Andrey Tsouladze tsoul at techunix.technion.ac.il
Tue Mar 1 09:17:28 EST 1994

Hi everybody,

Recently, I was making a tetrad analysis in which some haploid progeny
was to be kept alive only due to the presence of a gene under the GAL
promoter control. Therefore, I put dissected tetrads on YEPGal plates. To
my surprise, no single spore appeared to grow after four days. Does
anybody have an idea why? Is it possible that glucose substitution with
galactose prevents germination? What can I do to avoid the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Andrey

*               Andrey Tsouladze                *                   *
*            Department of Biology              * You               *
*  Technion - Israel Institute of Technology    *   have            *
*                Haifa 32000                    *      been         *
*                  Israel                       *         warned... *
*    E-mail: tsoul at techunix.technion.ac.il      *                   *