IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Frog Ponds

SLF forsburg at SALK-SC2.SALK.EDU
Thu Jun 16 08:44:53 EST 1994

In article <2to1ib$dhf at apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>, you wrote:

> Dear Yeaster Buddies,
> Does anyone out there know where I can order some low-cost frog ponds. Just in 
> case people use different terms, frog ponds are used with multi-prong 
> inoculators to make yeast patches on plates with cells suspended in liquid 
> media. They have wells that correspond to the prongs in the inoculator. Right 
> now, we have a metal pond which costed us over $100. I would like to find out
> who sells cheaper ones.
> Thanks in advance,
> KC.
> ger4 at columbia.edu

We call the device a frogger, although when I worked in England my lab
misunderstood me and called it a "fogger" for some time.  I had our
in-house shop build me two such "multi-pronged inoculation manifolds",and
made them to fit standard 96 well plastic tissue culture plates.  


forsburg at sc2.salk.edu
    formerly forsburg at molbiol.ox.ac.uk

More information about the Yeast mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net