yeast colony PCR

Ashwini Kamath-Loeb askamath at post.its.mcw.edu
Tue Jul 5 20:27:53 EST 1994

Has anyone done genomic PCR with isolated yeast colonies? If so, Could you
give me info. on the protocol. I tried to do it with colonies of Pichia
pastoris. I followed the same procedure as with bacterial colony PCR, i.e.
boiling cells in PCR buffer + dNTPs+ primers at 100C for10 min, quick spinning
followed by addition of taq polymerase. This procedure did not work for even
my positive control. Thanks a lot for your response.