ACT1 gene as Northern control

ez005881 at dale.ucdavis.edu ez005881 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 29 20:44:02 EST 1994

Dear fellow netters,
	I am doing Northern blots to examine the expression of glycolytic
and glucose regulated genes over the growth curve in batch culture in lab
media.  Hybridization to ACT1 is commonly used as a control for the amount
of mRNA loaded in a given lane, as it is believed to be constitutively
expressed.  What I want to know is how good that information is - is there
any data out there which suggests if and under what conditions ACT1 is
regulated? Do you have any suggestions for other (or better) controls that
I can use for my Northern?
			                             Thanks!

						     Noel Fong
						     noel.fong at ucdavis.edu