Microdissection apparatuses?

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 2 11:50:33 EST 1994

>I am interested in identifying an economical, yet reliable, micro-
>dissection apparatus for manipulating S. cerevisiae tetrads and
>spores.  Does anyone recommend a particular vendor?  Is there a
>market in used microdissection apparatuses?  Thanks in advance.
>
>John Aris

I purchased a system from MVI for 6000$ which includes the scope and
dissection stage.  I love it but then again I have very limited
experience with other systems.  It has one joy stick which allows quick
and easy pick up and delivery and makes it real easy to whack those
stupid tetrads until they break open.  There is a picture of it in the
Guthrie and Fink Meth. in Enzymol. book.

MVI, 11 Robbie Rd. P.O. Box 518, Avon, MA 02322,
tel. 508-580-0080
FAX. 508-580-8623

Ask to speak to Barry Alberts, he is the man who puts the system together.

Hope this helps, Morrie
Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8