DNA, plasmid center ?

odile%FRCGM51.earn at uk.ac.earn-relay odile%FRCGM51.earn at uk.ac.earn-relay
Fri Oct 8 09:10:12 EST 1993

From:   CGMVAX::ODILE         8-OCT-1993 10:05:29.58
To:     MX%"dlammer at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu"
CC:     ODILE
Subj:   RE: DNA stock center?

>I've just begun a yeast project in an Arabidopsis lab, and have a basic
>question about the most efficient way to get yeast libraries and plasmids.
>The Arabidopsis community has a DNA stock center for useful vectors,
>libraries and clones.  Is there a similar source for basic yeast DNA tools?
> Or is the best option simply to post on this network and hope some
>kind-hearted soul will take some time from a busy work day to send out
>aliquots?

>My immediate needs are for a high copy number expression vector with URA3
>as the selectable marker, and for a genomic library suitable for a high
>copy suppressor screen also with URA as the selectable marker.

welcome in the yeast world, Doug !

I am working in Francois lacroute laboratory and we have construct a serie
of shuttle vectors E.coli/ S.C. on puc19 (multicopy, centromeric,
integrative) with leu2, ura3 and trp1 markers) : 16 differents plasmids
that I could send you if you are interested. (Bonneaud et al, 1991, yeast
7, p609- 615).
Their sequences are accessible by gopher at john Hopkins and they are also
at EMBL site. If neccessary, I could also send you the files by e-mail.

So let me know if you need them....they are nice ! ;-)

best regards,

Odile Ozier-Kalogeropoulos

CGM, CNRS

91190 gif sur yvette