Forskolin in yeast

M.N.Leonard mnl at ukc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 10:58:09 EST 1993

Hi, I have a little problem and was hoping that someone out there may
be able to help.
     I am interested in cAMP in yeast, particularly the role it has to
play when cells enter Go phase. I want to artificially induce cAMP
levels and want to know the best way to do this. I know that Forskolin
has been used to directly stimulate adenylate cyclase in mammalian
cells although I am not sure that this can be done in yeast. If anyone
has come across this, can they write back on the net or email me. The
type of things I want to know are, i) Concentrations of Forskolin to
be used. ii) Whether or not I can use whole cells or sphaeroplasts.
iii) General Methodology. Any reference to publications would be most
appreciated.

     Thanks for your help

                         Mike