Clumpy yeast

Daniel Zabetakis dan at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 8 13:07:26 EST 1993

In article <07DEC93.16688418.0057 at vm1.mcgill.ca>,
BGAA  <BGAA at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> wrote:
>Hello to all netters,
>
>A number of us in the lab have been working with yeast in the lab,
>strain JPY201's, and sometimes during growth O/N or for just 4 hours,
>the cells just clump together.  We are unable to determine what is

    I think this just came up for discussion a few days ago. Here's
another possiblity:

   We had this suddenly start to happen to our strains. We decided that it
was detergent left after the glassware was washed. It ceased to be a problem,
and we never proved that it was detergent, but it makes sense. I don't know
if this could fit your situation, but if so, it might be worth looking into.

DanZ