yeast vector sequences

Francis Ouellette ouellett at fraser.sfu.ca
Sat Dec 4 14:47:35 EST 1993

[appologies for duplicate post, and origin of this post,
 I'm still in Bethesda ;-)    ]

ez005528 at rocky.ucdavis.edu (Kevin Morano) writes:

>David Stillman (stillman at bioscience.utah.edu) wrote:
>: Here is a list of Yeast Vectors whose sequences are in GenBank:

> I was very excited to see all these vectors in one place, but dismayed
>when I went to retrieve some of them- specifically the pRS4xx series. The
>4/93 release of Genbank did not have them, nor did the current version at
>NIH (by gopher)? Where are these sequences and how can I get them? This
>will probably be of general interest, unless I am alone in my plight.

>Very nice of you to compile this list, by the way!

Yes, David and Dan Gietz did a nice job on these.

Many of these are indeed very new additions to GenBank (EMBL).

A good way to retrieve them is to use the Email server at NCBI:

retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

And format your query like this:

datalib genbank
begin
AccessionNumberYouWantHere

You can put more then one Acc Number if you want, but be aware of the
1000 line default limit on this server.  This paramater (and others) may be
modified, and to get info about these, just send the word 'help' to the
above address, and you will get info on how to use this server.

Regards to all,

francis