Various brews (was Re: Why is yeast...)

Daniel Zabetakis dan at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 23 10:19:50 EST 1993

In article <robison1.735396508 at husc.harvard.edu> robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu (Keith Robison) writes:
>  Has anyone looked at the polymorphism between such strains?
>They might be a very valuable research for some evolutionary studies

   I found an old book in our library about identifying yeast strains.
Basically it was a big list of phenotypes such as carbon source utilization,
vitamin requirements, AA requirements, nitrogen source utilization, and
a whole bunch of other things. Very nice, except for S. cerevisiae every
catagory had 'variable' listed.
   Yup, there's polymorphism there :-)

   (I guess that if you can't identify it, I must be sc)

DanZ