Improper Interview Question?

Theora Jones decryptogram at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 06:18:07 EST 2002

Thanks very much for the email replies I've received, all of which
have been both thoughtful and useful.  I just wanted to let everyone
know that, age discrimination or no, she was offered a place and full
funding.  Yay!  Fame, fortune and a life of luxury are right around
the corner... oh yes, so very kidding.  But it's exciting.  She knows
it isn't going to be easy, but neither was 15 years of working retail,
which she _didn't_ love.

I'm still kind of burned about that comment, but she won't need to
work with this particular professor (who is, btw, young, fresh off the
job market, and bitter).

Thanks for the encouragement!

-Edie