No subject given

Julia Frugoli jfrugol at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Oct 16 13:35:22 EST 2000

Alan Beasley wrote;

  Job advertisements are
also generally rejected as they should appear on bionet.jobs.offered.

As a long time member of the list, I was unaware that we were no
longer "allowing" job advertisements-I know some of the people who
contacted me did so because they were advertising faculty positions
and wanted females in the pool, but they never saw the job appear on
the list.  Since we spend so much time in this newsgroup decrying the
lack of female faculty memebers, why did "we" make the decision to
disallow faculty ad postings, and when did "we" make it?

**********Julia Frugoli
Asst. Professor
Biological Sciences
Clemson University