query about the newsgroup

Geoff Gibbs ggibbs at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 10:24:13 EST 2000

In article <v0421010cb60d10fa95b8@[130.127.121.71]>,
	Julia Frugoli <jfrugol at CLEMSON.EDU> writes:
> At 7:40 PM +0100 10/13/00, Paula Jean Schlax wrote:
>>Has the newsgroup died?
>>

> I've had contact from people who posted things and waited over a
> week, never to them on the group.  If it's dead (or if this meassage
> doesn't show up on it) its time to contact the bionet people again.

Until the moderator drew this thread to my attention, I was not aware
of any problems.

There could be a delay while articles wait to be moderated, but Alan
is very conscientious at getting the messages through quickly.

If you read the articles on the web, you will find that they are
updated daily (middle of the night, UK time). News and e-mail
should go out immediately they are moderated.

If messages are failing to reach the group, do let me know as soon
as possible, so that I can try and find what has gone wrong.

All the best

Geoff
--
UK-Human Genome Mapping Project-Resource Centre,
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Tel: +44 1223 494530  Fax: +44 1223 494512  E-mail: G.Gibbs at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk