two asst prof positions

Caroline J. Walker walkerc at CLEMSON.EDU
Wed Nov 25 09:40:49 EST 1998

Positions in Biochemistry  and Cell Biology

	The Department of Biological Sciences at Clemson University is
seeking to
fill two tenure-track faculty positions at the level of Assistant
Professor.
	Biochemistry. We are seeking a biochemist with interest in the general
area of enzymology.  Postdoctoral experience is required.  Candidates will
be expected to develop a competitive, extramurally-funded research program
and to train MS and Ph.D. degree candidates.  Teaching of undergraduate and
graduate students will be in the general area of molecular biology and
biochemistry with expertise in enzymology.  Special consideration will be
given to candidates whose research can augment our program in plant
biotechnology and functional genomics.  The Clemson University Genomics
Institute is a state-of-the-art genomics facility and is physically located
within the department.  To apply, submit a letter of application, a curr
iculum vitae, research support, at least three names and e-mail addresses
of suitable references, and a research plan.
Cell Biology.  We are seeking a broadly educated Cell Biologist whose
research is based on a fundamental interest in the integrative,
comparative, or evolutionary biology of organisms.  The successful
candidate would be expected to interact with faculty research programs in a
department that emphasizes these approaches.  Primary teaching
responsibilities include an undergraduate course in cell biology with a
laboratory and upper level undergraduate/graduate courses in the successful
candidate's areas of special interest.  We are interested in individuals
who will establish an outstanding research program and who have the
potential to be inspiring teachers.  Applicants should submit a curriculum
vitae, representative publications, a statement of current and planned
research, a statement of teaching interests and philosophy, and the names
of three individuals who can supply letters of recommendation
Applications should be sent to: Chair, Biochemistry or Cell Biology Search
Committee, Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, 132 Long
Hall, Box 341903, Clemson, SC 29634-1903.  Electronic applications may be
sent to lesley at clemson.edu by including Biochemist or Cell Biologist on the
subject line.  Attachments should be compatible with WinWord 97.
Information on research interests of the faculty and departmental resources
may be obtained at the Department's homepage:
http://biowww.clemson.edu/biosci/home.html. Consideration of applications
begins January 15, 1999.  Women and minorities are particularly urged to
apply.
Clemson University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
Employer.