best time, etc.

linden higgins linden at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 24 11:08:43 EST 1998

A related question:  as my clock ticks along, we are confronting the
question of "1 or 2?" -- our 2 yr old daughter is a delight and, as 2s go,
very very easy, and the idea of starting a new position with a long commute
involved AND starting another pregnancy is intimidating.  But there is the
fear that if not now, then never (I'm 40 and had some difficulty getting
pregnant the first time due to fibroids).

On the one hand, having just one is unquestionably easier for us now.  On
the other hand, when I think of how much help my sister and I provide to
each other, and about the fact that Gailin will only be in her 30s when she
has to deal with my husband and my old age, I feel that providing her with
someone she canshare responsibilities with would be good.

Any thoughts?  I'm sure that two are not as easy as one, but are 2 twice
the work?

Linden

Linden Higgins
Department of Zoology
University of Texas
Austin, TX  78712

telephone:  (512) 471-6905  FAX (512) 471-9651

linden at mail.utexas.edu