IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP


Mary Ann Sesma msesma at zeus.bell.k12.ca.us
Fri Jun 5 23:57:55 EST 1998


The first thing that I would do is contact UCDavis have your credits
evaluated and talk to an advisor.  Indicate that you have both a
respiratory and sight handicapp. Just be up front about it.   It might be
helpful if you presented MD certification of handicaps as  special programs
may be available to you.  Since your obvious interest is exotic  animals
and animal breeding, I would start talking to the Ag folks. There are many
pathways in Ag that are strongly science oriented and may suit /interest
you more.    Also talk to some of the California State University people in
Stockton or San Jose.   If your limited eyesight is genetic call ASAP to
the State of California Health Department , Genetics and check out the
programs that are available for adults. If you are also on SSI  check out
your benefits. I would certainly select an area of study and research that
did not exacerbate your asthma.  If you are eligible for a reader--get one.

Since your education was in the 80's it may be necessary to repeat some
courses-- these repeats will freshen your knowledge, expand your view of
the literature, and help you hone your choice.
Try everything.   I am also handicapped (mobiity--combo of arthritis and
broken hip and a few other twists and turns)  You do not have an option to
give up.

Sincerest regards for success

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Sesma                          e mail
1621 Sunnyhill Drive                    msesma at bell.k12.ca.us (preferred)
Monterey Park, CA 91754                 sesma at aol.com
phone; (213)261-5860

More information about the Womenbio mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net