Emotional reactions..

aloisia t schmid a-schmi at uiuc.edu
Fri May 30 23:07:53 EST 1997

> This just reminded me that when I was a graduate student I used to
> save up broken glassware in a drawer.  On a very bad day, it was
> wonderfully cathartic to smash a few pieces, and I didn't have to feel
> guilty about being destructive, since they were already unusable.
>
> Just an idea.
>

> Linda
> (whose life has calmed down considerably since switching from laboratory work
> to computer work)

There is a cartoon in this week's issue of the new yorker, that shows a
guy who looks really science-geeky, standing at a stand on a new York
street corner with borken glass onthe table and a sign that says,
"shards".  It was so bizarre, and I didn't get it at all, but NOW....   I
have to admit, i may be seeing my career future in that cartoon!

                  alice