New Topic- Idea for scientific networking

Julia Frugoli JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Tue May 27 10:28:13 EST 1997

Funny thing was, I was at a meeting last year signing up for a vendor's
drawing, when the person next to me said she recognized my name.  I
didn't know her and didn't know how she knew me, until she added, "you
contribute to "women-in-bio".  This happened 2 more times during the
year at different meetings with different people, most of them
"lurkers".  We're a network without even realizing it!

Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

visiting grad student at
Texas A&M University