the days dissappear!

Maria Betty maria at bioplanet.com
Wed May 7 17:26:58 EST 1997

Regina
it sounds to me like you're suffering from burnout BIG TIME!! (I know
the signs as I have a tendancy to suffer from bouts of it myself)
The solution I have found is finding the self discipline NOT to put so
much into my work that I have no energy left for anything else.
Prioritize - is work really the be all and end all of everything?  Will
you get fired if you get into the habit of leaving no later than 5? If
you stay focussed during the day I'm sure you can get as much done as if
you worked well into the evening at a more leisurely pace.
In terms of searching for  an alternative career, check out:
http://CNS.bio.com/hr/forum/messindex.html for some ideas.

Bioinformatics is an exciting career alternative for biologists wanting
to move away from the bench.  I am hoping to move into this field
myself.  Checkout my website at:
http://www.bioplanet.com/ for some information on this.

Good luck - happy huntin!
Maria