the days dissappear!

sunny N stewart sunnyesq at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 4 11:26:52 EST 1997

Been there done that, got the T-shirt. One thing you might be
interested in doing is working in the fiel of licensing new technology
for a big pharma.  There is no degree for this just a few licensing
executive type classes, but it is an exciting situation!!! If you want
more info, go ahead and contact me

Sunny

In <33687DA0.2475 at LEPER1.CA.AECOM.YU.EDU> Regina
<TRENCH at LEPER1.CA.AECOM.YU.EDU> writes:

>I was wondering how much of a common thing it is that even if one has
>firmly decided to start looking for jobs, days go by without having
done
>a thing about it or without having changed the usual work routine
(which
>in my case doesn't let much room to do things in off hours).
>
>So, I find myself ready to finish my postdoc and move on, but at the
>same time I am somewhat stuck because:
>
>1) I am very interested in considering non-bench science jobs. While I
>know how to go about looking for research jobs (what sources of job
>to check, what people to contact), I am quite lost in terms of
learning
>of alternative occupations, and of specific openings in those areas.
>Most of the people I know work in academia, and I found that they can
>not help me much. Actually, they somehow (and indirectly) discourage
me
>from exploring other options ("but you are so good at this", "you'll
>miss this", "you won't find that as interesting, you're so used to
X").