Loving Science

Veronica I. Arreola varreo1 at uic.edu
Wed Jan 8 10:49:25 EST 1997

I've always known that I liked science. Growing up I wanted to be either
an astronaut or a marine biologist. Well I've settled on marine biologist
and I'm lovin' it!

some of my reasons to love science are quite silly: 1) No dress code (aka
no skirts!!!) 2) Love fish and the ocean!! 3) You get paid to do something
that you just love!! 4) Gives me a chance to teach and help others out (my
fave reason) and 5) I'm getting better at it.

Kind of simplistic and I don't have a huge story of why I love science,
but let's just say that it's in my blood. I was born a nerd and I'll
always be a nerd!! ;) Hey before you flame me, being a nerd ain't that
bad. ACtually a fellow science-nerd recently told me that we were dorks
because nerds don't realize that they are nerds, but dorks do! :) But
that's a huge other thread. take care-

Veronica I. Arreola
University of Illinois - Chicago
 Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to make sure you
were still there."