Is it possible??

linden higgins linden at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Thu Jan 9 16:50:37 EST 1997

>Bharathi Jagadeesh/bjag at ln.nimh.nih.gov  wrote:

>For others who like to see or hear of examples of women who
>have children and are practicing high level science, here's
>my short list of people I can remember of the top of my head:
>
>Story Landis, NINDS intramural director
>Leslie Ungerleider, Lab Chief, Brain and Cognition, NIMH, NIH
>Sarah Pallas, University of Georgia, Developmental neurobiologist
>Rae Nishi, Oregon Health Sciences University, neuroscientist
>Margaret Livingstone, Harvard, neurophysiologist

I can add to this:
Mary Ann Rankin, Dean of Natural Sciences, U. Texas at Austin
Berryl Simpson (sp?), Chair of Botany, same institution
Norma Fowler, Prof. of Botany, same institution (step-mom, but thats just
as hard!)
Valeria Souza, ecologist, Centro de Ecologia, Universidad Nat'l. de Mexico
Janice Vize, developmental geneticist, UT at Austin
Susan Weller, entomologist, U. Minn.
Susan Boinski, primatologist, U. Florida
Susan Reichert, behavioral ecologist, U. Tenn.

Someday (soon?) I hope to add myself to this list!  (Got the kid, need the
job;-)

Linden Higgins

p.s. - thanks to everyone who provided information regarding taxe &
housekeepers.