SPAM was: Re: ADULTS ONLY- Check this out! (oyxDpF)

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Feb 9 18:28:43 EST 1997

Cindy Hale wrote (after quoting the _entire_ text of the latest
spam...):

> So how the hell do we get rid of this shit!!!!!

Well, for starters Cindy, I'd say we shouldn't repost spam in it's
entirety. *That* certainly doesn't help. You could write to
postmaster at offending_site with a copmlaint, but I'd guess most of these
people are out for a fast strike. Apparently there's a whole new batch
of spam-posting software out there, so I think we'll have to live with
it for a while.

I am (like most people) pretty annoyed by this sort of crap, but when I
think of the alternatives (_more_ control of posting) I realize I can
easily live with quite a bit of "junk mail". Most people are learning to
just ignore it... filter it out. The *worst* thing you can do is to help
the schmucks out by reposting their adverts!

--
'To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.'
        Woody Allen, from "Stardust memories"

Suzuki GS page: http://homepage.cistron.nl/~peterh/gsresources/