anxiety

esylander at NETMAIL.HSCBKLYN.EDU esylander at NETMAIL.HSCBKLYN.EDU
Tue Apr 15 15:40:23 EST 1997

Dear Alice,

        This is going to sound really stupid, but I have a couple of ways to
ease that down in the dumps feeling. Music is the first. I fyou can't listen to
what you want, the earphones mentioned earlier are a good way, although this can
sometimes promote bad felings among others.
        The other one, which isa stupid, is a way I have to renew the reason I
went into science in the first place. It's a movie called "Real Genius." It
reminds me of the single minded zeal thet can sometimes get me so involved, and
the joy of having it work. Here in my lab, when something works, that wasn't
before, we do the "Happy Dance". We can get rather silly sometimes. Try to take
joy in the small things first.

Beth Sylander
SUNY Brooklyn