Babies of graduate students in biology

Heather Masonjones hmasonjo at emerald.tufts.edu
Mon Oct 14 14:34:59 EST 1996

hcorbett at garnet.berkeley.edu wrote:
: Out of curiosity, how many of you or your colleagues started their families
: while still in graduate school? I got married the year after my qualifying
: exam and was already one of very few in a large program to be married. It
: is a little harder to say for the men, though. I know no one who has had
: children before their postdoctoral position (though the majority of my
: French colleagues did just that) and I was wondering what your experience
: was. Do mention if the parent was a male or female student. It can't be
: very easy in either case, though I know it is certainly possible.

: Heather