HELP!! Books wanted

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Wed Mar 27 17:33:11 EST 1996

Veronica I. Arreola wrote:

> I'm going to take a reading course in women's studies this summer. What
> I need is a list of good books on women and science, particularly bio,
> to read. i get to design the course. :) I'm really interested in either
> biographies, autobiographies, or just books dealing with the
> problems/advantages of being a woman in science.
>
> So any books that anyone would recommend are **very** welcome.

I'm reading a book now called THE OUTER CIRCLE:  WOMEN IN THE SCIENTIFIC
COMMUNITY ed by Zuckerman et al, Norton 1992. (by memory, so
may not be completely accurate).  This has a series of articles
attempting to measure how women's scientific productivity is affected
by gender, and includes theoretical discussion, interviews, and
some primary data.

Suggested biographies includ A FEELING FOR THE ORGANISM on Barbara
McClintock (Keller) and ROSLAND FRANKLIN AND DNA (Sayre).

susan

--
S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu