high school teachers

Veronica I. Arreola varreo1 at uic.edu
Mon Mar 18 15:43:26 EST 1996

I'm considering teaching at the high school level, but I plan to get my
PhD first. I believe that the best way to teach is to know the most, or
be as familiar, in biology. I think that it helps the students. Why?
When I was in high school I knew the bio teachers didn't know what was
really out there as in other than teaching as career choices. I want to
be able to have discussions with students who may love bio and I wan
tthem to know that I love bio so much that I got my PhD. I don't see
getting a PhD a bad thing. It  shows that you love what you do.

So I would encourage teachers to get PhDs. This also would help raise
the pay for everyone. I'd hope.

Veronica