Thanks!!!

Linnea Ista lkista at UNM.EDU
Thu Mar 14 11:42:58 EST 1996

Hi everyone:

I and the student I mentioned would like to thank those who responded to
my request for advice on a professor who made a negativeremark about
women engineers.

We discussed it this morning and she decided she would mention it to our
boss, talk to the department chair so that he knows what is going on.
She also very much liked the suggestion that next time she say something
like "What was that, Dr. X, I didn't quite hear what you said?"  or
"Please, Dr. X, if it's important I think I should hear what I need to
learn."

We'll keep you posted on what happens next!

Thank you all so much again!
Linnea and friend