moving household overseas

Hilary Bates hbates at amgen.com
Wed Mar 13 17:06:17 EST 1996

Sibylle Wilbert <wilb at u.washington.edu> wrote:

>I am a german woman researcher in biochemsitry and just got a job with a
>company in Delaware. I still have quite a few heavy household items and
>books sitting in my parents basement in Germany and would like to ship
>those to the East Coast. Has anybody experience with companies that ship
>equipment, furniture or any heavy stuff overseas (in this case of course
>from Germany to the US)? I am looking for the cheapest possible way; it's
>o.k. if it takes a couple months. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>Please email me at WILB at u.washington.edu

When I came out to the States, my move was handled by a firm called
Trans-Euro in the UK (from its name it might be reasonable to assume
they have offices in other European countries...) and Movers
International at the US end. Both did an excellent job and were very
helpful and accommodating when my moving date kept changing.

I don't have contact details for either with me here at work, but
I'll try to remember to post and/or mail them in the next few days.

Best of luck!

Hilary
hbates at amgen.com
<><

*** Disclaimer: These are the opinions of the poster not Amgen Inc.***