Scaring (HELP)

Lena Ting ting at roses
Mon Mar 11 20:13:27 EST 1996

In article <4hu2ue$l7 at news1.emplink.net> you write:
: Today my 3 year old daughter was bitten on the face by a dos and had 9
: stiches dose anyone know the best ways to reduce scaring?  HELP
:

Ouch!.  I was bitten in the face by a German Shepard when I was 5.
The doctors in the ER did a good job, my scar has become less and less
noticable over the years.  Most people don't notice mine unless I
point it out, so it never was a big deal to me.  I guess my lip was
pretty puffed out for awhile, and they said I might need plastic
surgery, but I didn't.

	One thing I wanted to say was:  I was scared of dogs when I
was little -- when i got bit and after.  I was at this fair thing with
my parents a few years later, and there was soemone giving away
puppies.  My sister and I thought they were SO cute, and begged to get
one, expecting my parents to refuse.  They said OK.  We were in shock.
Our dog only live for about 2 years (turns out it was epileptic and
also got into a car accident).  My parents never let us have another
dog.  I finally asked them why, and they said "becuase you're not
scared of dogs anymore".

I love dogs now, and I'm dying to get one of my own.

Lena