WIS in Wisconsin

Patricia S. Bowne pbowne at omnifest.uwm.edu
Wed Mar 6 10:15:44 EST 1996

A previous message mentioned the lack of AWIS in Wisconsin.
We do have a Women in Science group out here! It's
"Women in Science of Southeastern Wisconsin". We meet monthly
during the academic year for dinner and a speaker, and it's
a great place to network.

For local folks who are interested, the next meeting is on
Tuesday, March 12th at the Radisson Inn in Racine. The speaker
will be Gretchen DeGroot from the Milwaukee Crime Lab, talking
on "Forensic DNA Testing". Social hour is at 5:30, Dinner at 6:30,
and the talk at 7:30 pm.

If you want to attend the dinner, you need to leave a reservation at
our voice mail number. It's (414) 297-9252, and you can always get
information about the upcoming meetings there, or leave a request
to get on our mailing list. We're an active group containing
industrial and government scientists, teachers, journalists, and
all sorts of women involved with science, and have over 100
members. So if you're feeling the need for a Women in Science
group in Wisconsin, check us out! But do it fast - the deadline
for dinner reservations is tomorrow.

Pat Bowne