Curious...

Ms. S.J. Rickard srickard at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 11:50:02 EST 1996

I am aware that many minority groups "reclaim" words such as queer, dyke
even nigger and I think that it's a good thing. However if you aren't a
member of the minority then it can be offensive to use these reclaimed
words, so you have to be very careful. I think people should be able to
call themselves whatever they want to, or not at all if they so wish.
Sarah