Comm. skills seminar

cboake at utk.edu cboake at utk.edu
Mon Jun 17 19:14:05 EST 1996

In article
<Pine.SUN.3.93L.960615115737.15823B-100000 at labdien.cc.columbia.edu>,
llr2 at COLUMBIA.EDU (Lisa L Rosenblum) wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you have had experience with communication
> skills seminars.  I received an advertisement in the mail for a
> one day Communication Skills Seminar for Women given by the Institute for
> Professional Buiness Women of Fred Pryor Seminars. It looks interesting
> and I'd like to give it a try, but I know absolutely nothing about these
> things.
>
> Has anyone ever attended one of these things in general,

I took one of those things about 10 years ago.  It was basically a
day-long motivational seminar in fancy dress.  Stuff like, "inventory your
goals and read the list regularly", ditto for skills, accomplishments,
etc.  For communication I bet that they tell you to make eye contact and
to be a good listener. You could get a book on the subject at the library
and use the money to treat yourself to something you really want.  In the
short run you'll be happier and in the  long run you'll be glad you know
what book to consult if you ever forget the lessons.
Chris Boake