creating a good climate for women

Jane Dorweiler dorwe001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Thu Jun 13 11:57:40 EST 1996

 _However_, the operative word in
> your post
> seems to me to be the term "private fellowships". Why shouldn't they make
> whatever conditions
> they want? (not _trying_ to be flippant here, I really don't understand). A
> gov't-supported
> fellowship would be different, of course.
In theory, yes, but Gov't fellowships frequently have very similar criteria.

Jane Dorweiler                 **  Regardless of what they say about the
Department of Plant Biology    **  cat, curiosity is a good thing.  It's
University of Minnesota        **  what makes each and every one of us
dorwe001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu     **  a scientist!!