dressing up

Marci Swede swede at biodec.wustl.edu
Tue Jul 30 15:14:01 EST 1996

S L Forsburg (forsburg at salk.edu) wrote:
: Alesia McBrayer wrote:

: > I don't think anyone should be judged concerning their sincerity on the job
: > by the way they look.  I believe that people should be judged on how they do their job.

: Absolutely!  Alesia has this part right.

: > Thanks for standing up for all of us who still try to look like women.

: This is the  part I disagree with.  Just because I don't wear makeup
: and my summer garb is shorts and sandals doesnt mean I don't look like
: a woman. I just don't look like a woman who wears makeup. :-)

I really hate the 'looking like a woman' stuff.  I am female.  By
definition I look like a woman.  I have never been interested in make up
etc.  Still feel female, though.  Never really cared if others dress up.
Wish people didn't care if I *didn't*.

marci

Post doc, Wash U St. Louis