A peeve

Majumder lab jhmorris at utmdacc.mda.uth.tmc.edu
Tue Jul 30 16:29:55 EST 1996

In article <31FE592F.49FB at salk.edu>, forsburg at salk.edu wrote:

> Thanks for seconding my opinion!  You stated it rather more elegantly
> and precisely than I.  I find this excessive hierarchical behavior
> tiresome and tiring;  the higher I go the worse it gets, and comments
> and strategies to deal with it are welcome.

Unfortunately, it's the ones who are hypercompetitive who end up in the
positions of power.  That's how they got there.  I see lots of men who are
very pleasant and helpful, but you're right.  The higher you go, the worse
it gets.  In addition, I think that the men in positions of power are
older, and hence, more "old-fashioned."

--Julia Hsi Morris

jhmorris at utmdacc.mda.uth.tmc.edu or zzhao at utmdacc.mda.uth.tmc.edu
Dept. of Neuro-Oncology, Box 316
University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX