Looking for a job, and...

Ellie Ettehadieh eettehad at direct.ca
Sat Jul 27 02:45:57 EST 1996

In article <4t6h3g$7e9 at oracle.damerica.net>, desidia at community.net (Gloria
Mercado-Martin) wrote:

> I need all kinds of advice and moral support.  If you are also looking
> for a job, if you just found a job, or if you have some suggestions to
> make, i am all ears.
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks
>
> Gloria
>

> --
> desidia at community.net

Hi Gloria,

I just got a job offer this past monday after looking for one for the past
3 mounths.  I had 4 interviews in totall and I got all the interviews by
applying to jobs which were advertised in classified section of news
papers.  I should say that I was only focusing on west coast, ie:seattle or
bayarea.  I guess that is what I would suggest then, apply to them promptly
though!! If they do want you they will call right away after they get the
resume.  I should also say that I just finished my masters in biochemistry
and molecular biology, was a PhD student but had switched to MSc so I
basically had more training than a normal MSc graduate.  Just keep at it
and its o.k to be discouraged at times cause I would be but never gave up.
You can find the classified section of most news papers on the net if you
look for them.

Good Luck!!

Ellie.