dressing up

Linnea Ista lkista at UNM.EDU
Thu Jul 18 11:00:47 EST 1996

On 18 Jul 1996, Denise Storck-schattner wrote:
Snip

> Also, in regards to this, I have had problems of people taking me
> seriously because I happen to have blond hair.  Stereotyping is overrated
> and should be stopped.  Wouldn't the world be a happier place if everyone
> stopped trying to put us into categories based on our appearance.

 Try being blonde and 5ft 2! A good response that I have heard to the
dumb blonde stereotype is the following

If it is a man who is being offensive :
"Why are blonde jokes so short? So men can get them too!"
If it is a woman with different color hair
"So brunettes can get them too"

Take care!
Linnea