dressing up

Kim Cuddington kcudding at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 17 12:25:02 EST 1996

Denise Storck-schattner (storck-s at it.uwp.edu) wrote:

: If somebody does not want to take me seriously because I may wear
: lipstick and nail polish, it is not my problem.  It's their's as they
: could be missing out on something of value.

: As for my personal preference, I tend to take people who look nice and
: portray a put-together image more seriously.  People who look like
: _"slobs"_ basically tell me that I'm too lazy to take care of myself, I
: don't care about my looks, and therefore, I don't care or am too lazy to
: care about anything else.

I can agree with almost everything you say Denise...until this final
comment:

: So, for all you women out there who like to remain feminine, my powder
: brush goes to you.

I have to object here. I have no idea why nice clothes, hair and makeup
equate to "remaining feminine". And I hope to goodness there is no real
relationship...otherwise, I'm in serious trouble :)

Cheers,
Kim