student evaluation

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Thu Jul 11 14:06:49 EST 1996

cboake at utk.edu wrote:

> (snip)
>  In answer to the
> question, "What aspects of this class detracted from your learning?" the
> student wrote "colorless dress of instructor."  This leads to interesting
> speculation ....

When I was a grad student TA, the undergraduates nicknamed one of the
male faculty "GQ" for his elegant sartorial style (after the magazine
Gentleman's Quarterly, for those who havent run into the term), AND
commented on his clothes on the evaluations.  We all got a chuckle out
of that one.  I think the undergraduates would have been amazed
that their flip remarks on the evaluations were read so carefully.

susan
--
Susan L Forsburg PhD
MBVL, The Salk Institute